Blogging about Books!
Blogging about Books!
Blogging about Books!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dear Classmates,
    I just started the book Precious by Sapphire, my books genre is a memoir/nonfiction. It’s about a black girl who is over weight and is abuse by her father and mother. Her father rapes her and has gotten her pregnant twice. Her mother thinks that Precious is trying to “steal” her husband and beats her for it. Precious cannot read and she’s 16 years old and still in eighth grade. She is going to a special school. The principal from her old school thought she would do better at the new school because she is pregnant. No one knows that she can’t read. I just started to read this book and I can’t stop reading it! I read it whenever I get the chance. It’s kind of hard between soccer and school work to find time to read but I do my best. The one thing that this book has in it that some people not like is swearing and some parts that describe what the father did to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment